Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Whoa! I stopped eating briefly.

So Monday I came down with that noblest of illnesses -- the 24-hour stomach flu. Luckily, 12 of those hours were spent asleep. But this also means I missed an entire dinner, though by utter necessity. When I awoke this morning I took it easy and had only two waffles (I would normally eat three) spread with yogurt instead of syrup and an eighth of a cantaloupe. During breakfast I questioned the wisdom of dumping the bacteria from the yogurt into my digestive system which was probably on an immuno-rampage, but everything turned out OK. I also couldn't fit in a grapefruit half. I found it interesting how much my stomach's capacity seemed to have shrunk in 12 hours and how gaunt my abdomen seemed to have become after it all. If I had a scale, I would have been on it for curiosity's sake.

Here I am now on Tuesday evening. Formerly hungry. The great chicken hunger was upon me. I have eaten two thighs tonight, a bunch of potatoes, and some asparagus.



Week One Done

A breakdown of the week's totals can be found on my spreadsheet. I've spent a third of my budget so far, which means in another week, there could be $30 or so left unspent of my big grocery shop. That's all I'll say about that for now. More or less it speaks for itself.

Today by complete happenstance I came across an article that was a welcome affirmation of my (anti-)cause. When you're looking for satire on the ludicrous, look to The Onion: Click me

No comments:

Post a Comment