Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9

Today's total was about $6.75. It's pushing it a little. I had a Second Cup coffee for free using the "Experience Card", but had I had to pay for it, I would have gone over my daily budget, which wouldn't necessarily be a big deal if the rest of my day hadn't been so routine food-wise. I'll probably have to make my coffee, which is not a big deal, or rely on the charity of others. Spare some change?

Breakfast: One cup of muesli with milk ($0.70), a banana and half a grapefruit ($0.50) and this crumb I found from yesterday’s waffle. My mid-morning snack was the same, except by using the “Experience Card” at Second Cup the coffee was free ($0.87 total). My tuna sandwich at lunch was teamed with an apple and carrot this time ($2.26 total).

Dinner is great, eh? It takes more time and effort to prepare and is more satisfying. Today it was leftover homemade chili, a dish I'm proud of. Chock full of fibre, iron and other good stuff like flavour and heat (Tabasco actually cools it down). For meat I use half ground beef and half ground pork because it's healthier, cheaper, tastes like it’s all beef and, being contrary to the Law of Moses, is far more sinful. If it's sin that's going to carry me through the next 16 days, sin it shall be.

1 comment: