Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Living in Sin

March 10 - my first overbudget day. Breakfast was only $0.85, thanks to Shreddies which are on sale at Loblaws for $1.74. Lunch was the same as yesterday. I paid for a coffee again, which is what threw me over but thanks to the charity of others I also got a free half muffin, which I'm sure was loaded with lard aka pig (sinful) fat. Man! If I get pork fat for free, I must be onto something with this pig thing. To further the campaign to meet a budget by living in sin, I made dinner using that most delicious form of sin meat – sausages. I matched it with a couple of potatoes and a salad. Only $0.52 over budget for the day.

Now for a quick review of the two days of the four official bloggers' posts:

http://www.ousa.ca/foodforthought/

Three look like they're doing pretty well at keeping it under budget. If Sarah and Andrew can wean off the Boyardee and KD, they'll be sailin'. Nick, however, is already struggling, mostly due to his excuses for how life forces him to eat pizza. He's made two posts and a self-intro so far and already I think I've got his number. Rachel's the star at the moment. She actually cooks (how's an asparagus omelette sound?) and cares about her bowel by putting things in it like yogurt and fibre. She and I even had dinner with our respective families on the same night, bringing her and me sweetly under budget. Her sister got a hug for it, so did my nephews. Rachel just might be my sister from another mister.

No comments:

Post a Comment